Business Objects is regularly recognized by industry publications and analysts as one of the most influential companies in information technology. Over the years, Business Objects has had many significant "industry firsts":
- Business Objects acquired Crystal Decisions in December 2003. This coming together of two industry leaders gave BI users their first clear standard for business intelligence.
- In 2003, we launched BusinessObjects Enterprise 6, the industry's first best-of-breed enterprise business intelligence (BI) suite.
- In 2002, Microsoft bundled Crystal Reports with Visual Studio .NET.
- We acquired Acta Technologies, a leading data integration vendor, in 2002.
- In 2001, SAP signed an OEM and reseller agreement to bundle Crystal Reports.
- The company delivered the industry’s first interactive mobile BI solution in 2000.
- We pioneered the market for BI extranets in 1997.
- Crystal Enterprise was launched as the industry's first web-based enterprise reporting platform in 1996.
- In 1995, Business Objects was the first to focus on enterprise-scale BI deployments.
- In 1993, Microsoft bundled Crystal Reports in Microsoft Visual Basic.
- Crystal Reports arrived as the world's first Microsoft Windows report writer in 1992.
- In 1990, we invented the patented "semantic layer" that insulates users from the complexity of databases.
Our strategy of constant innovation has led to the development of products that are acknowledged by our customers and industry peers as best-of-breed solutions. We can provide you with the innovative products and services you need to succeed, not only today, but well into the future.
Did you know?
- In 2007, Business Objects was named to the Business 2.0 list of 100 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies. Press release